We've made it to the one month mark. I think we're doing pretty well!
Adelle is a sweet child. She still doesn't cry much. She's like her mama, and wants to eat first thing whenever she wakes up. Convenient that the meal is usually warmed up and right next to her.
Here are some one month stats:
- 10 pounds even. That's up 1 lb 12 oz since birth, an average of 7 ounces (almost half a pound) a week.
- 21.5 inches, which is really about the same length. Probably. Hard to tell with newborns. They're so springy!
- Not too many nicknames out there for Adelle. E gets mad now if I call her Cakes. "That's not her name!" she says.
- She likes looking at us now, and she enjoys gazing at her siblings. As long as they aren't trying to crawl all over her, that is.
- She doesn't seem to be much of a comfort nurser. Apparently she does not like being drowned in milk. Coughing, choking, and gasping for breath could certainly dissuade anyone from spending too much time nursing.
- She smiled an awake smile at about 3 weeks old. They are fleeting, and haven't yet been directed at anyone.
- Her skin is super soft, and she's got cute chubby thighs. She's so cuddly!
- Sister's got an outie. Seriously.
|Talk about dry, flaky skin. poor kid.|
|All that hair!|
Elizabeth has proven to be an asset in the car. E will hold Adelle's hand and talk to her, and when all else fails, give her a pacifier. I wised up this time and got a pacifier for A for the car trips to and from town (a 20 minute drive).
|My attempt at some of the newborn portrait cuteness.|
|Watch out. She's gonna take you down!|
|Maybe after her nap, that is.|
And an arm. That helps with the self portraits.
|Mama and her girl!|